For those who follow me, you may have noticed that I haven’t added further posts connecting to the 30 Day Challenge that I set myself to write Flash Fiction. I haven’t forsaken this task, in fact I am working on pieces for you as I speak, but I put a slight pause on it as I put a few ‘personal issues’ right.
I have to say, I seriously enjoying getting back into the swing of writing. I love sitting and putting words down on the screen and stringing them together to make a sentence, which in turn makes a paragraph and so on. I love writing and have done for as far as I can remember. Life has played a part in slowing down my dreams and as much as I love my children and my husband, I am ready to start doing something for me. I don’t ever want to look back on my life and say that ‘I never tried’. So, I am looking at getting a qualification in Journalism. There is a local college to me which does a 12 month course and I am waiting a response from them as to when I can apply officially. It would be starting in September and yes, this would mean giving up my day job (scary, eeek) but I know I can’t keep putting my goals aside out of fear.
When I was younger, almost 20, I made list of writing ambitions that I wanted to achieve. I wrote these in a notebook and I have recently come across these again. Some of these seem childish now, but I wanted to share them with you. Some of these I am still hoping I can achieve.
- Write a book.
- Write for a tabloid or girly magazine.
- Write scripts for tv-shows, especially Buffy, Angel, Smallville and EastEnders (lol, I was a fan-girl for sure!)
- Create a script/screenplay for my story, Emily (this has changed title and has been re-hashed a few times but if you look back at my previous post, Tainted Love, you will see the story that has stayed with me the past 20 years)
- Interview a celebrity – especially Jennifer Aniston, Julia Roberts, Sarah Michelle Gellar (still do love these ladies!!)
- Create a completely new soap opera, one that will be talked about all around the World (a girl has to have ambition, right?)
- Write a book of short stories
- Collaborate with another author, maybe Stephen King or Dean Koontz? (yeah, because they guys need my help to sell books. ;0))
- Work for a local newspaper
- Write Book Reviews (well, I do this one – See previous posts/blog tours)
- Become a broadcast journalist and report on the news.
- Present on television.
I have lived a happy life with my husband but now its time for me to create a career for myself. Some of the above points are way out of my reach, some are unrealistic and maybe all of the them will not be achieved at all, but one things for sure I am not going to sit around and not doing anything now. Here I go. 🙂